How to use Lactaben silver nipple shields to prevent the development of cracks and sores:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with water and soap before manipulating your breasts and the silver nipple shields.
- Once you have finished the feed, gently moist your nipples with breastmilk. Then place the nipple shield over the nipple and hold it on with your bra.
- Use the silver nipple shields all through the day, during the feeding intervals. If for some reason this is not possible, reduce the contact hours between nipple and silver shield trying to keep them on during the night-time.
- Repeat the procedure of moistening your nipple with breastmilk after each feed.
- It is recommended to daily wash the nipples with water and soap.
Caution: do not use if you are allergic to contact with silver metals.